View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Gdb itself seems to have problems [2]
I believe it may be related to this bug report. [1]
If so, it wouldn't be a gdb problem but rather the discovery of a dirty openssl trick via gdb.

And what was responsible for the UI styling? Where should I look? As "Hildon styling" I meant the darkened, slightly bigger interface.
I think I know what you mean.
By default Maemo's $HOME directory is mounted into ED.
I don't like the idea of this because it tends to create confusion (at least in my head) which config belongs to which OS.
So I made ED not do that a long time ago and I'm not really testing the default case anymore.

/edit: Yes, it's the same bug. But why doesn't the window gain focus once it appears, automatically?
Actually it does, but only for a brief moment. During the window buildup sequence it loses the focus immediately to the underlying Maemo CLI. If you start a program via debbie from a terminal and try to input some characters you'll notice that the characters actually end up in the terminal.
The problem is, that you can't get the keyboard focus back to the window via a mouse click (for reasons I don't know). You need your WM to do that. This is what the script does, while most of its "intelligence" is not in switching the focus but in finding the right window.

Besides, the combination fn+enter is already in .xbindkeysrc. Only .kbdactive has to be stripped of sudoes
Can you post those two files please?

Would it be possible to set the focus on per-app basis for all app's windows?
Sure! If you know how to identify the window (not the app).
One easy way is by window title. The problem with this is that multiple windows may have the same name or that a window title is changed by its application. The more robust way, which is used in the script is via window id.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/raspbian/+bug/1154042