View Single Post
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by mithrandir View Post

I live in Germany and I am quite unsure if I want LTE or roaming everywhere. Any suggestions?

best regards
Mith
I think many of us are trying to make that decision. It probably depends on your use case. If you never leave your home region, then the LTE option makes the most sense. If you embark on intercontinental travel with some frequency, then it is a more difficult choice.

In my case, it is an even tougher decision. Under most circumstances, I would have chosen the pentaband UMTS option, without LTE, since 3G speeds have always been good enough for me and I do a fair amount of global travel where the ability to roam on 3G would be useful.

Unfortunately, I live in the US with its patchwork of used frequencies. As a T-mobile US customer, the required 3G/4G band could be 700, 1700/2100, or 1900, (bands 12, 4, 2 [Joerg_rw]) depending on the area of the country I happen to be in. As such, I may have to elect the US LTE option (matching bands: 4, 2 [Joerg_rw]) just to guarantee network compatibility. I suppose I can get a GSM travel hotspot if I do want to use 2100 3G data in the event I do travel outside the Americas.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-05-21 at 02:58. Reason: added bands

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post: