View Single Post
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I just found out that one of the moderators (jalyst) simply modified (at least 2nd time of those i know of) my post. If first tiem we had an argue over private chat before and even if if i did not really agree with him i somehow can understand the reason there.
But last post he edited with no notifications, and though the text inside quote that was changed and not my answer itself, i don't think it's acceptable. As it's starts here and you never know where it ends. Maybe intentions were good, but still it's not very democratic and reasonable that moderator who even doesn't own the site (it's not private or personal site) just simply decide to change someone's post without notification? It doesn't matter what intentions are (as point of view can differ from one person to another).

First of all it's my post and this is public forum and no admin or moderator can simply change it if it's not direct insult or/and spam, not allowed words. In other cases it would be logical that moderator at least contact the person and give him a chance to do it himself or to discuss the matter(in our world the judges need to prove the guilt and not opposite). Or the most least thing is to add edit reason for edit, as there was no reason as well!

P.S. Please do not answer that mods are volunteers, this is excuse and not the reason to do such things. Being a moderator(and i had exp in this) is duty and not the power and abuse of it, doesn't matter if you get paid for it or not!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post: