Thread: TOHKBD rev2
View Single Post
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
At least on on the N900 once the keyboard is opened the screen orientation is locked to landscape, as you usually don't want the screen to be in portrait at all when using the keyboard.

This is especially useful when typing in awkward angles (lying in bed, etc.), in moving vehicles (bus, car, boat, aircraft, etc.) or when placing the device with open keyboard on an inclined surface.
completely agree but would like to share my experience with the Moto Photon Q...
sliding out the keyboard does indeed tend to set most applications in landscape mode however a number of Android screens (settings comes to mind) stubbornly keep in portrait mode, so i guess, N900 was (one of) the last barrel(s) to get off the platform before it was lost and expecting a mobile device that (simply) works will require... some more coding on the part of the community (though i only got my 1st N900 about 5 years ago, so i don't know how bad things were right after the release)

PS: the device runs CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.2), as "community" as it possibly can

PPS: thanks by the way for including it into the SailfishOS port effort

PPPS: so far, the only properly working mobile i found since my 2nd N900's USB port went south is a Lumia with (of course) 8.x
not looking forward to 10 update / upgrade, as it will be same ol' m@ke$$h!t crap over again like 7 was, before NOKIA got to work on it...
maybe Jolla & TOHKBD2 will have to rise to the challenge?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post: