View Single Post
theuuheuuuhummm

just undug (...) my Jolla after 3 months of having forgotten it (pretty much) as i had started to use the Moto Photon Q (with CyanogenMod) instead of the Jolla's Android when the Android stuff one day literally vanished from the phone - apps & icons of Android apps are still there but the Android system directory is gone...

so i went into the shop and looked for office in the store and came up with Jolla's "viewer" - cute but doesn't quite match OpenOffice in my book, sorry

DVD authoring...
do you think Dirk and kimmoli will start looking into a "burnerTOH" once they are done with TOHKBD2? of course, nobody expects it to fit a full sized DVD but maybe those credit card format ones???

but seriously...
i'm sure SailfishOS is doing as good a job at managing resources as MeeGo did / does and with some tweaking might even nearly reach Fremantle prowesses (256MB of memory, remember?)...
the problem is like i already outlined with the office package that Jolla simply doesn't have that many applications - lots of little goodies but m$o, openoffice, goffice?
of course all of those are available as Android apps, right, only...
once you start up those, 1GB of memory is precious little

another example?
a few weeks ago i got a new cable modem with built-in wireless network; works fine on the Lumia, works fine on CyanogenMod... and those *****s from Jolla can't even connect to it...

don't understand people like Quaddy who got ride of their Jolla and get another one - if there was only a remote chance of getting a meaningful part of the original price back i would gladly get ride of mine