View Single Post
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Hi there:

First of all, for a few days I was scrolling through the nokia n9 threads, I didn't write a single post, because it's not the point of my research. Also I could not find a active or up to date topic relating to my question, which is really one big question, composed from many things I would like to ask you all.

But at the beginning, I'm already a owner of
-Nokia 770 (Power user, all tweaks and maemo os's involved)
Got this device for 3 months now
-Nokia N800 (Beginner, just bought it, and makeing the most of it)
Got this device for a month.
-Nokia N900 (Advanced user, everything I could read about or make with my own hands [Like Soldering the USB port for good] I already did, so its my magic toy)
Got few devices for 4 years, still got two and using one

And Im almost a owner of nokia n810, but is pretty much (I don't say it's the same) nokia n800 with somethings added, some removed. But still, it's NOT THE POINT (So don't say about it I just mentioned it for few reasons)

This is just the introduction for my own maemo/nokia linux-based devices journey.

And now I'm getting to the point

Yesterday I ordered a brand new nokia N9 64GB. So this is not about buy it or not, it's done.

My topic is about the my abilities (I'm rather an power user, not an developer) with what I can do with N9 nowdays.

I went through lot's of threads, video tutorials and stuff like that. I already know a lot of things (Or I think I know) about the N9, but since I never got the device in my hands is like sailing without a boat.

I can't compare n9 with android/windows/Ios devices, since I never got one and never will, but all the things including the sweeping in n9 looks pretty nice I can't understand the reason (I know, but still cant understand) why nokia go to windows instead of getting more from maemo/megoo devices.

So I repeating myself:
My topic is about the my abilities (I'm rather an power user, not an developer) with what I can do with N9 nowdays. What about the megoo funcionality? All can can read is about new problems rising, but since I got n900 for everyday usage it's not a nightmare, rather a challenge.

But we cant hide the thing that megoo, and maemo, even through things like Diablo-Turbo is dying, the community only slows down the thing that will come to an end.

I still wanna go with megoo for some time cause I never used this os. Never going to remove it for my n9, but I will for sure install new os as a neighbour. So this is another question.

I dont want android, I aiming for sailifish, but I want the quick and smooth os with lot's of features as for everyday stuff, like calling, writing and so.

So I asking you all one again with one question.

What is the today perfect setup for n9?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post: