View Single Post
I am facing a strange issue on my n900 device connection using bluetooth to my car's audio system. i suspect that one/more of the following packages might be the cause for that:

before upgrade versions:
ii bluez 4.60-0maemo1.6+0m5 Bluetooth tools and daemons
ii bootmenu 1.13 Fanoush's Boot Menu
ii getbootstate 1.0.39+0m5 Determines runlevel on maemo system
ii gstreamer0.10-dsp 0.7.0-0maemo2.4+0m5 GStreamer plug-in for TI's OMAP DSP.
ii libbluetooth3 4.60-0maemo1.6+0m5 Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth sta

after upgrade versions:
ii bluez 4.99-2maemo1+0cssu1 Bluetooth tools and daemons
ii bootmenu 1.14 Fanoush's Boot Menu
ii getbootstate 2.0 Determines runlevel on maemo system
ii gstreamer0.10-dsp 0.10.1-2+0cssu1 GStreamer plug-in for TI's OMAP DSP.
ii libbluetooth3 4.99-2maemo1+0cssu1 Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth sta

after these updates, the sound playback got better - there are no more glitches during music playback i used to have before however, the following issue occurs:

The audio system finds the n900 and connects to it (i can control next/previous on the n900 from the audio system's screen), bu there is no sound playing from it (and not from the n900 either).
if i disconnect the n900 from the audio system's menu and reconnect - it starts to work again, until it starts to download the phone book and then it stops again (and does not play even when the download finishes).
i tried an old n900 without these updates and it seems to work fine - playback is heard from the audio system right after the connection establishes.

Any idea?