View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Here's some more scary sh¡t to ponder on...

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers...-jeep-highway/
That's seriously the scariest sh¡t I've read in a year!

I never understood why the manufacturers do that. What is the point of going into all the trouble to stuff a mechanical machine with so much electronics and interconnecting things that never needed interconnecting in the first place... That is not an accidental side effect, that is a deliberate feature! Who asked for it? Of course bad stuff is bound to happen!

Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
We didn't have to fear climate change
Really? Was Canada digging its head in the sand then? I remember hearing about the climate change since about late 1970s - and that's only because I was too young to grok what was going on before that.

I assume you don't remember the ozone hole either? Stories about sheep in Argentina in 1980s having to wear blinkers to stop them going blind from too much UV light?

Or leaded petrol? Around the small town where I grew up, all country roads were lined with trees. Some of them cherry trees. Very tempting for a 10 years old to climb up the tree and pick some cherries. Except they made you sick from all the lead from cars' exhausts.

Scary sh¡t has been going on for as long as I remember. Some of it gets eliminated or reduced sometimes, but sadly the rate of adding new one is faster.

Oh, and about terrorism. Convenient, isn't it? With the cold war over, we need a new scarecrow to brainwash the populace into complicity. Luckily there is the terrorism threat. Make sure it never goes below the amber level, or they may wake up.