View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Not obvious at all to me.
This sounded very definate to me and afaik is the last/latest official statement regarding 3rd party spares.

From a legal standpoint i think they dodged "consumer claims" regarding not providing spares albeit advertising user replacable battery by having sold a limited batch back in december...

Now that we have our community hack, i suspect them to keep silent on it. Which is a bit of a "go" in Jollas case. Only they can not advertise it from a legal (certification??) standpoint.

Remember how they handeld the "leaked" update (i don't remember the version number thou)?
Someone discovered that by testing through version numbers and doing a version --dup we where able to update to an unreleased version. They kept quiet about it when other companies would have barked like a dog to the users to not install it.
Heck, they even started the "early update" program shortly after leading to the suspicion they channeled the demand.

Ok, the comparison to spare battery is not fully doable, but i think it is a good sign that we did not have an official discouraging tweet like "Please do not use htc 310 spares, your phone may still explode"...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: