View Single Post
Installed yesterday and here's what I think so far:
(correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstood something)

Launcher:
- Bottom row of 4 buttons is ONLY available when no apps are open.

- I wish opening app launcher was 2 phase so gentle pull would always open the bottom row, and you'd need to pull strongly or twice to get the full launcher. Or maybe lock it when user stops pulling, so you can choose how many apps you want to show and could have any row in the bottom of the screen for easier thumb movement.

- Launcher indicator (on bottom) could be shown at all times? I keep on forgetting it's available everywhere and keep on swiping back home to launch apps.

- The black background or app launcher seems very out-of-place, and should be replaced (patch?) by some form of transparent glass effect or something.

Lock screen:

- WHY IS THE SILENCE PHONE SHORTCUT GONE??? That makes no sense. Forcing user to creating another ambience just to have quick ability to silence the phone is a pretty sad way trying to make the feature more meaningful and used.

- CuteSpot apparently now has integrated lockscreen media controls? Or is it Sailfish itself? Liking it, though the former patch with swiping seemed a bit more intuitive.

Home:

- Why is there no pulley menu in home screen? Why is it in lock screen which is usable literally once every time you take the phone out of the pocket? This makes the whole feature quite useless.

- Wasn't there supposed to finally be support for landspace mode across the board, including home screen?

Other stuff:

- Feeds are gone ..? I logged on twitter but theres no feeds available anywhere?? I guess I'll just have to start using tweetian, which is objectively way superior anyway, so I guess it's a win - kinda. I hope apps can now access the notification screen to create a tweetian (or other social media) based feed in there?

- Creating ambiences seems bugged, it centers the wallpaper very strangely ending up being pixelated and nothing like user wanted. Creating image 1.75 times bigger than Jolla's native resolution and centering the image will roughly give you centered wallpaper with correct resolution.

- Pulley menu "confirmation" (flashing twice) before doing anything feels like it's slowing everything down. Also the contrast is kinda bad, so it's harder to see if you're on top of the right row.

Sorry for a bit of a mess of text. I was outlining my thoughts as I typed.

E: Made the text give less headache to read..

Last edited by parasemic; 2015-09-06 at 18:03.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post: