View Single Post
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There's no Elop, there's no Microsoft, their managers seem to be invested in the company and not only their titles and there's no Symbian hoarding all of the R&D investments despite being a potential dead end while resting on their laurels thinking that they've cornered a market and were too big to lose.

No. Not another Nokia.

[...]

Exciting times we live in... if you decide to look at it like that.
I wished I could give more than 1 thanks to you for this post. It's really crazy how some people try to see the end of Jolla because of that loss...are we Apple fans who define a company through a human leader? I hope not! Marc leaving is certainly a shocking suprise. He always appeared as an adventurer to me, someone who seeks challenge after challenge and maybe he needed a new one to make full use of his talents. Ubuntu phone design lead Ivanka Majic also left Canonical for the personal ambition to co-found some green tech company.

Jolla has many, many talented, competent people in every division of the company who fight for their ideas and for the "unlike" of Jolla. There are not only people leaving the company, but also joining it, like some fantastic UX-design people.

I hope to hear a statement from Marc and until then we can only speculate. But will this hurt Jolla as a company? No, I don't believe so at all...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post: