View Single Post
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi there

I, while trying to diagnose Sicelo experience when creating a group, have suffered to a (possibly temporary) ban.

As handaxe has suggested, I wouldn't really recommend using Yappari anymore. At the very least, please, don't to try to create new groups as this seems to trigger immediately a block on our number.

This is the first time something so "brutal" has happened. Yappari sometimes has sent erroneous commands, but this has never been an issue, since WA didn't detect them as hostile.

Now it seems they are stricter. Any little discrepancy between the official app and ours could result in a ban.

So... in what situation are we right now? I don't know for sure, but among other this, it seems that encrypted conversations are gonna end up being mandatory. Although CODeRUS has QT5 implemented libraries for TextSecure, they cannot be simply used in Yappari, as N900 ships with QT4. Backporting is not immediate, and implementing Textecure into Yappari is another heavy work on its own.

There are some other WA protocol implementations such as Yowsup, libwa and others. Maybe porting Yappari UI to use one of these is feasible, but it'd take time.

Not even one year ago I stepped up and replaced Scorpius, the original Yappari coder, but honestly, I don't think I have the time nor the energy to fight against WA anymore, and although I haven't decided yet anything, now it'd be a great time for any coder to do the same thing I did on 2014.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post: