View Single Post
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Announcing ukki's Rubybox! It is a dosbox frontend written in Ruby that allows you to launch games with the stylus, and to set up game/program profiles with customized dosbox options.

Why do you want this? DOSbox games responsivieness varies greatly with the configuration options, and manually creating different profiles for each is time-consuming and error-prone.

To set up a new game. Select 'New game', Enter a title in the top box and click 'Browse' and select the dos application you want to launch. Save the configuration then click on the game and select 'Run' to launch it.

To change settings, select a game, select 'Game settings', click on the setting you want to change and then click on the value. Type in the new value and hit save. For example, in the above screenshot I changed the dosbox machine type from vga to "tandy" because Ultima 5 doesn't use vga colors and runs a lot smoother with a tandy adapter.

Rubybox requires two ruby packages:
ruby1.8
ruby1.8-maemo
To install these on OS2008, click on the following link to the .install file for the GPL Systems Repository (repository containing ruby) then in application manager go to the section 'programming' and install the ruby packages.

http://gronmayer.com/it/dl.php?id=216

http://pupnik.de/rubybox_0.1.deb

Originally Posted by kitsu View Post
Calibration doesn't work for me ... It is like the cursor position needs to be downscaled to the DOS applications screen resolution?
Rubybox was made for you! Go into game settings: basic settings and select sdl sensitivity. Change the value from 100 to 200, hit save, and try the game again. The value divided by 100 is the mouse scaling factor, i.e. 100 = 1.0, 200 = 2.0 times mouse speed.
(edit) If you have OS2007 please let us know if the Rubybox deb installs, and where to find ruby packages for it

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-02-27 at 05:01.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post: