View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by GizmoSmith View Post
How do it figure out which is the equivalent button for the "Setup" button on the following remote ?
Ah, my apologies for this; I've been trying to make the Pierogi UI as "universal" as possible. On almost every TV or set-top box ever produced, the key you use to access the system settings on the device is labeled "Menu". That is, except for DVDs (and BDs); they reserve the name "Menu" for the button that accesses the list of contents on the disk. As such, manufacturers have had to come up with some other name for the key to get to the settings; sometimes this is "Setup", sometimes they give it other names.

In the past, I've been trying to reuse the same UI screen for all TVs and set-top boxes, and so I've always mapped the "Menu" key to the system settings of the device, even for DVD and BD players. For what the DVD player calls "Menu", I've created another button called "Disc Menu".

In short, Pierogi's "Menu" button should bring up the setup menu, no matter what device you are controlling...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: