Thread: Intex Aqua Ace
View Single Post
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Er, just who is expecting an October launch? Intex themselves seemed to be indicating an end-of-year launch in their press release.

Also, the Ace appears to be using a Mediatek processor, whereas Jolla's own press release states:

So, I would expect the first Intex Sailfish phones to be using Snapdragon processors...

EDIT: Sorry, I missed that you already mentioned the Ace is using a Mediatek processor. But still, I'd be surprised Intex would choose hardware that Jolla hadn't targeted for their first Sailfish phone.
Intex have stated more than once on Twitter that it will launch in October. The last time being on September the 12th. The last time, whomever was operating the Twitter account said they'd get back to the user, then 15 minutes later (presumably after checking), gave that answer. Like I say, I have zero expectation of this coming to pass. On past form, Jolla might take another 6 months to finish work on HAD

Qualcomm would be absolutely stupid. More expensive SoCs and platform. Considerably lower performance and features at any given pricepoint. In India, features and performance within very restrictive price constraints are paramount. Intex, for the former reasons are an almost exclusively MTK shop.

If the Sailfish phone doesn't share EVERYTHING with an Android sister-phone, again cost is increased and chances of success are lowered, especially as there'll be no chance of people who bought an Android phone trying SF.

Edit: Intex may no longer have ANY Qualcomm phones. Opened the product pages for the first ~25 smartphones that they currently do. All but 2 were Mediatek. The remaining 2 were Spredtrum. No Qualcomm.