View Single Post
Originally Posted by korpenkraxar View Post
Hmm... would you say that Qt based apps should be easier to get going or would that apply only to recent Qt5 code that can render on Wayland? Apart from Skype and Spotify, KDE and Qt apps like Marble, Krita, Clementine, QGIS, Konqueror, Kontact, Gwenview and Digikam would also be fantastic on the tablet.

Sigh, why is it that mobile hardware capable of running standard Linux applications is still such a pipe dream? Multitouch killed the X11 star?

I have been a bit undecided about Gnome 3 but I could see it fit on a tablet like this and actually have a fairly nice in-between interface on a device which would sometimes be used as tablet and sometimes as a laptop with some external peripherals.
Qt is on the device out of the box, hence why you get QtCreator running with simple git clone/make (ok, in chroot, but again, show me eclipse compiling and running on any android, good luck). GTK3 is now wayland compatible, but expecting it to rely on weston. In theory, you should be able to run debian wayland packages without even recompile if we get weston running (x86 hype!), so all those you listed and more