View Single Post
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Depends... to me it looks like platform for using virtualized apps where actual processing is done on more powerful hardware and on-prem device is merely for controlling those apps ......... Another plus is that even the apps may be more or less platform independent as they are not bound to end user device and OS.
Offline use of virtualized apps (in a meaningful way) would not be possible on a platform like this, right?

Interesting concept this Solu, not quite sure what to make of it...

Cloud based... still not sold on this, though we are becoming (being forced really) more dependent on it as time passes. Honestly, give me a mobile device that size and specs, and I want linux on it - not Android based, not ChromeOS, etc, but a desktop OS that is open, secure and portable (I can choose free, cloud based apps already).

What bugs me the most, with the specs below, is battery life. If the main purpose of the Solu is to change the way we work (bye bye computers and apps?) and make it hassle free (good luck with that!), and the screen is used as a touchpad when connected to a monitor, battery life probably won't be stellar.

* Screen - 1440 x 1440, 450ppi with an edge to edge touch
* Processor - 2.3GHz NVIDIA 4-Plus-1™ quad-core ARM® Cortex™-A15 CPU™
* Graphics - NVIDIA Kepler™ GPU with 192 NVIDIA CUDA® cores
* RAM - 4GB LPDDR3
* Battery - 1200mAh

Wish them all the best, but not my cup of tea (yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post: