View Single Post
Yes we should remove any services that dont work anymore (I would advocate removing activesync/mailforechange too except that there are people who may actually be using it...

Not sure about location-proxy, I have described various inner workings in the past but I am unaware of any open source clone (and I cant find one with Google either). Its probably not that hard to clone though if you could figure out the handful of liblas calls it makes and know how to talk to a SUPL server properly)

as for microb, if you make the new browser implement the microb interfaces (e.g. for bookmark stuff and for starting a web page via dbus) and you keep the old browser engine around for use by rtcom-messaging-api, tutorial-home-applet and nokia maps (which FYI still works just fine and shouldn't be removed or depreciated) then the only real issue with a newer browser would be adobe-flashplayer, libssoautologin, tablet-browser-mediaplayer-plugin and tablet-browser-default-plugin (dont know what libssoautologin is for or how important it is and I bet you could write replacements for tablet-browser-mediaplayer-plugin and tablet-browser-default-plugin without massive amounts of work)

Unless I am reading things wrong, http://repository.maemo.org/communit...antle/install/ shows status-area-applicationlock-applet as being part of community-stable.

An for connui-* and systemui-* and things, my aim is to just clone whatever I feel like cloning and whatever I am able to clone, I am currently halfway though reverse engineering libcodelockui (UI for the device and SIM pin lock number pad screens) with plans to clone it at some point along with osso-systemui-devlock and osso-applet-devicelock and maybe libdevlock

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post: