View Single Post
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
You're being a bit dishonest here - on the first pic, your finger is clearly 1/3 of the way across the screen. On the second one, it's barely 1/10 of the way.

(I must, however, say that it at least looked more interesting when everything just blended, without the sharp cutoff introduced some updates ago, which only makes some sense when you swipe all the way.)
Thanks for the correction, I forgot to put it as a disclaimer, but it's not that black&white.
Yes, I had a problem finding the right frame in the video as I'd need a frame that is directly in between of the other two frames. On the other hand, the peek doesn't start immediately, so I was able to reproduce my screenshot with almost the same position of fingers as in the video.

You could say the same about the second pair of pictures, where the first picture is further away from the camera, which decreases the readability.

Maybe I would be able to find some better video if I had more time, but it was just an illustration.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Oh yes, I forgot that you have to peek the whole 1 cm from the edge to see the status bar:
It could be 1mm for all I know - I am talking just about the difference between v1.0 and v.2.0. The point is, it's a usability regression just to have more eye candy. Or do you see any advantage of having to reach further (even if it was 1mm) to see the time?

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
(I have this patch installed to illustrate the UI's flexibility to those crying for a big clock. Not that I need it even with my old eyes.)
Come on, if I childishly called you out for "crying" every time you put effort into criticizing something, there would be very little discussion.

UI flexibility? I tried to make the exact same patch before this one came out, but gave up, because there's little you can do without making a complex patch (which would be a PIA to update with every release) - you can only increase the font size and have the tradeoff between visibility and ugliness like with this patch. It even breaks the design guidelines for SFOS. Plus it's not just about the clock - all the other status icons were easier to distinguish, which no patch fixed yet.

I can read the tiny text too, but it doesn't make it more comfortable. I don't understand what's the advantage of having a tiny status bar with so much wasted space below:

Maybe you can explain?

Last edited by nodevel; 2015-11-06 at 19:58.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post: