View Single Post
The "something"-part is usually the one which seems to alienate hc-linux fans. As it's not necessary FOSS and that seems to be an ideological obstacle of colossal magnitude.

As far as shareholders are concerned, I find it hard to believe they really expected Jolla to be profitable in 2015 as it takes either long time or huge pile of cash to implement all required feats and it takes even longer time to break through to markets even with polished products. Back in days Android devices were usually cheaper, not so polished or premium and not high quality products but in time it became to dominate (mainly because iOS is Apple only and Symbian was...well, Symbian). Majority of manufacturers create huge losses on Android based devices though...

[speculation]However, it may be that there has been a collision with ideology and major shareholders on whenever Sailfish OS should be FOSS. Which would be a sensible reason for certain people to leave, if the idea of openness and whatever-nice-sounding-but-not-necessarily-profitabe-stuff doesn't meet the demands of shareholders. Another explanation may be that they simple grew tired on startup, living in uncertanity and stress from one round of funding to another. I know I wouldn't do it if I didn't have my finances secured so that it wouldn't matter if I was unemployed or not... What is certain is that things have progressed slower than Jolla has anticipated and failure with the Tablet is especially bad, so they need to change in order to survive (and I'm not speaking about openness-stuf...)[/speculation]

Was I negative enough this time?