View Single Post
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Unfortunately that doesn't come unexpected.

I think the problem is, that nobody nowadays wants to risk anything. All the manufacturers are not keen enough to offer another OS than Android (or iOS).

In mobile market the only chance to introduce a new OS successfully is, when you have a well known brand, a lot of money and the will to make both - Hardware and Software. Jolla only had the will to make Hard and Software. But they are to small to do it in a competitive way.

It is unbelievable that they nevertheless managed to make a phone and at least some tablets. And in my opinion they made a really great phone (don't know about the tablet, I fear I will never see mine), but that doesn't matter.

There were a lot of friends which said: Oh that's a great phone that you own. But in the end they all bought their next Android phone. Giving up their freedom and another chance to break through a wall of monopolism.

On the other hand there were a lot of people which bought a Jolla and always expected to have THE Superphone, which has all features of the Galaxies and iPhones in the world and all features should have been better implemented. I think they also have a joint guilt.

Well I'm really sad reading of the actual situation.
Probably I will buy another phone before it is to late. I don't see any reasonable alternatives on the horizon, so better to have a spare Jolla.

Hopefully i'm to pessimistic, therefore:

SAIL ON JOLLA!!!

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post: