View Single Post
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Aren't we moving towards a unified device much smaller than that? I humbely "forsaw" the Apple watch 5 years before it materialized because what i ultimately want since childhood is that frickin' "Dick Tracey" meets "Star Trek Communicator" device.
The screens will disconnect from the devics again as we are moving into a world where everything around you will be a possible screen waiting for input from your personal device.
Even Apple is still years away from that and heavily struggeling to "thin out" IOS to turn the watch from early adopters notification system playground into the next killer device.
Wow, first time hear a convincing (in sincerity, don't share that fascination myself) argument for an e-watch. Always assumed it's just idea-less executives that had to come up with an idea for friday EOD and watch was a no-brainer but also not really convincing (judging by apple watch sales they still need to convince quite a lot of people that current implementation is worth it). Probably with e-glasses and head mounted displays it will work out like star trek/any other sci-fi vision, still prefer to wind it every now and then rather than it dying on me by afternoon (with VR goggles having it have a virtual display with those notifications longer than 15 chars will also help), but those are still just hoops successful e-watch will jump through eventually.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: