View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
I guess you are right: the Magic word is PRODUCTIVITY.
The N900 so far is the only mobile phone I can use to produce something. Therefore I am still using it - together with the Jolla...
Same here: frequently I am using the Jolla as the mobile access point for my N900.

My Jolla is the "4G + wifi hotspot + battery extention + enhanced web surfing - The Other Half" to complement the N900

The Jolla is an excellent Wifi access point and it has proven its use to the whole family during a long car road trip. But when it comes down to selecting text and copy it elsewhere / anywhere without video game skill, it will be the N900 that wins, hands down.

As for Jolla's restructuring - I hope a skeleton crew will get a chance to work on Fairphone project first or at least postiion the OS in a market where customers are actually willing to pay to have an alternative OS as an option in an existing (modular) device.

Ok, 100K low end Intex phones at 10 Euro / phone license fee / device (estimate) is nothing to be ignored but it won't give the OS the high profile attention it deserves.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: