View Single Post
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
It's a bad situation, sure, but not the end of the road right now for SailfishOS. How much the Jolla brand is tainted? That's a even bigger question. And how the organisation looks like after this situation and our ability to recruit.
I agree totally - two issues at hand here.

The first is the SailfishOS. In the event of the worst case - how can it live on? I am glad that you have raised the issue and that it is front and centre in your mind. There is definitely something worth saving there and if the community is called upon, I think it might be able to help.

The second issue is Jolla the company and how damaged it has been by all this. Personally, it looks like irreparable damage to me. Suppliers have been burned, tablet buyers have been burned, employees have been burned, many customers who were fans of Sailfish, will simply no longer be able to trust Jolla the company. If Steve Lau (or whatever investor) was supposed to be investing last month - he certainly won't do so now that the company has been dragged through a sh1tstorm, lost piles of people and is now going through restructuring. With all the legacy of debt and bad feeling, Jolla (the company) isn't worth saving anymore.