View Single Post
Hi guys, sorry for the provocative-capturing title, i just wanted to share an alternative opinion about comparison between the two OSes, named above. Maybe You will think it's just another voice in the chorus, but i guess it could be interesting since i followed the opposite way that almost of you did. As i said somewhere here, i have tried sailfish without having never tried Meego before. Then after an year, i decided to try meego, for having an opposite/specular but interesting way to compare them. I admit that i was really curious, since i read here a lot of positive review/opinions of meego:

i have to say that i am not trying to flaming or making noise, just want to heard what are your considerations about it.

not being too much long, this is what has been my first impression about ui:

- meego has got few more buttons than sailfish (for example to come back from some sub menu) and i think this is a disadvantage, at least for me.
- multitasking experience has been really improved by jolla with sailfish, indeed there is possible to interact with cover of apps (even if buttons,instead of swipes, really suck). About this i have to add that for me having all open apps in homeview and not in a separate screen is an improvement.
- meego has got really better icons, they look very good and the amoled screen of n9, gives a perfect contrast between icons and black background.
- swype to lock, lockscreen, browser are better on sailfish, apart for absurd lacking of copy paste.
- email client is better on meego
- keyboard is better on sailfish as look, but the lacking of swype keyboard method is a big missing feature.
- for my little experience sailfish on jolla seems to run smoothly than meego on n9, but maybe is for the better cpu.

so that's my opinion about it, what do you think?
in what meego is go much better, apart for being open (wich is important point, i agree). for me they have less or more the same very beautiful user experience.

the only thing that makes n9 with meego the real winner is the phone itself, for its beautiful Amoled screen...wich is so far better than the jolla''s one.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post: