View Single Post
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 579 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Požega, Croatia
Another progress update - no big ones this time, just to keep the thing going

I've completed twl5031 BCC driver and USB now detects if something is plugged in and device type (from charging point of view). This allows for usb-moded from Mer to start up, which in turn allows USB networking to be started so we can SSH into Nemo.

I've also completed Vibra support for N9. N950 uses different Vibration system - tied with twl5031/4030 audio system, so this will be done at that stage.

LED support is ready on N9 (lp5521 chip). Since N950 uses a bit different chip (lp5523), someone with N950 will have to do the work (shouldn't be too hard - probably just needs entries in DTS file). Small patch was required to MCE (already accepted), and lp5521 driver form mainline was also patched.

I also made an error of not including CONFIG_CPUFREQ_DT in kernel config which made N9 run @600 MHz (AFAIK), but even with it, system would run @800MHz only and some additional entries in DTS are needed to enable full 1GHz speed. With this change and by stopping pulseaudio service (restarts all the time due to no audio support at this time, consuming much of CPU time) N9 seems to be more responsive. Sadly I still get
Code:
pvr: lipstick: IOCTL 70 failed (13)
every time lipstick (or fingerterm, for example) uses GPU. If anybody has any idea how to prevent this now it would be a good time to speak out.

I'm currently going mad with apds990x driver (ALS/PS sensor) and I hope it well be ready soon. Unfortunately N950 doesn't use that chip, so no support for it at this time. In userspace some Mer packages need patching for it to work: boardname (patch pending acceptance) and sensorfw (patch not ready at this time)

Progress report will be available from time to time - as usual.

Last edited by filip.pz; 2015-12-07 at 21:36.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post: