View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Well, having spent a day or two now digging into the Mer documentation (such as it is), I've gotta say yeah, Mer is very nearly exactly that: everything you need to set up your own mobile device, except for the GUI. Really, I'm kinda surprised there haven't been more Jolla-like entities popping up, as Mer really does hand you a significant amount of power seemingly without constraining you to a particular type of UI or a particular corporate entity...
Thanks. I need to look into this more. Has anyone got this to work on Samsung devices as well? Btw, I happen to have the Jolla launcher for android and thought I'd try it on my Galaxy Tab Pro. While a little buggy it basically worked. Too bad Jolla didn't continue with this. I actually like the transitions when you put an app in background better with this launcher than the current version of Sailfish. Also like the app drawer better. Can also open floating resizable apps with a side launcher on the tablet. Not bad but not the real thing if you know what I mean!
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: