View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
What is the point of a phone on your wrist? Using it must be uncomfortable as hell and make you look like a total jerk.

Here is a list of things I've had in a watch, other than an alarm clock:
  • Mid 1980s: a calculator. That was cool but more to the point, useful at the time when no one carried mobile phones.
  • Late 1990s: a data bank. Utterly pointless.
  • Mid 2000s: a stopwatch with 30 laps. Useful if you do sports. I ran a couple of marathons at the time so I found it useful.
  • Mid 2000s: radio control (synchronizing the time from radio beacons). Useful for precise time freaks, otherwise not much.
  • Mid 2000s: GPS. Utterly pointless.

My current watch is mechanical and shows the time and date. Other than that, anything else in a watch is just a gimmick. Like the TV watches from the 1970s or my data bank watch, the only point is to demonstrate that yes, we can do it.

One concession could be an underwater camera. With a proper display. Not to remotely control another tech. Not to take pictures to view later on another tech. Something you could take pictures with, check and delete right away if you did not like them. But somehow that has not happened. It started in early 2000s but disappeared in a heartbeat. Pity.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: