View Single Post
Hi! I have a few questions / fun ideas about the hardware design to pass the time...

1. Is it possible to select the boot device (eMMC / flash) at all, and could that pin (SYS_BOOT5 I think?) be exposed, maybe on the Hackerbus next to the UART? In a talk called ARM Snowflakes about test automation, Neil Williams stressed the importance to have an accessible UART (which the Hackerbus will have I believe), and mentioned it is great if an external test machine is able to toggle the boot device also. It could make un-bricking the device easier too?

2. Is it possible the other Hackerbus GPIOs could be chosen so that they could be configured (via pin muxing) as an SPI interface? e.g. to use the neo900 to flash SPI/BIOS chips (or maybe even emulate one)? Or, are there ideas to use different GPIO pins for some other purpose?

3. What non-volatile memory exists across the entire board? What means (if any) are available to disable or make those read-only if that is desired? (I started thinking about this following Joanna Rutkowska's 32C3 talk and State considered harmful paper.)

4. Does anyone have a link, for the method of intercepting mobile phone voice data by measuring a very slight modulation of RF power (e.g. WLAN transmissions)? Could the power supply to the neo900's RF components be filtered to mitigate that somehow (e.g. some kind of low-pass)?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stevenc For This Useful Post: