View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Bizarrely I did found a lot "small pockets" around me, quite a notable proportion, prefer a smaller phone.
Kudos for you. I am not part of that trend and glad to have bigger screens so I can actually see stuff and have hands big enough to hold that screen.

But that's all personal preference. If this is successful enough, perhaps they'll make a small hands/good eyes variant that will satisfy folks that you've surrounded yourself with...

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
So from your link, it looks like Liquidmetal with a capital "L" and no space is a trademark for some alloys with interesting properties that Apple has bought exclusive rights to use in phones. It's the "journalists" that are translating Turing Robotics' similar sounding trademark Liquidmorphium into "liquid metal".
It's a marketing term for semi-solid alloys that are malleable within certain limitations and become rigid with either shock or force. How it's marketed is one thing; what it happens to be is the same thing. Most have scratch-resistant finishes - some even "heal" (I know you've heard that term used too)...

Both have been utilized in consumer electronics as far as I knew since 2010, perhaps earlier. It's a semi-nonsensical term with some solid technology behind it.

Last edited by gerbick; 2016-02-02 at 23:47.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: