View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I'm not saying that UI is that bad. And i think pulley menu can be useful and nice, but only in certain cases. As well as SailfishOS UI is good for one hand. I think there is no OS that has good one hand UI at all, except N9, but again it was only one device with small screen.
Pulley menus work well in their tablet, which has a considerably larger screen. I'd say it actually battles a few of the issues (see the "ouch" regions in phones listed earlier) and enables the user to just pull down, select and do so with one hand even on a tablet.

I'd say that the location of some controls in Sailfish though, might need work since they're upper right and left and on a larger screen, that would probably require two hands. The UX behind Sailfish can be mostly driven by one hand - keyboard, some confirmation dialogs (most are swipe left to go back starting in edge). This would be the workflow I've seen tweaked since 1.19 or so and coming together nicely in 2.x.

The N9 is an unfair comparison - it's screen was incredibly small compared to the Turing or modern iPhone screens. There would be UX gaps and issues if scaled up on larger screens, especially in some of the settings screens, whatnot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: