View Single Post
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Yup. It is a rewrite of pebbled. You can see that if you follow the codebase from revision 1. ;-)
As with a long tradition of Ubuntu apps it does not credit the authors of code being rewritten. ;-)
That is actually a tradition of most "app-store-first" platforms. I have plenty of experience here with the Nokia/Ovi store.... and "rewrite" is being too generous here.

That said, we cannot really compete with a full-time employee working on it. "Rewriting" it back from their version should be considered an option. For me at least it looks easier than writing a store UI.

They also removed support for the pre-3.0 firmware on the original models, btw.

Originally Posted by smoku View Post
The best source for Pebble documentation
Sadly no, their "documentation"/implementation is far from complete. Like every other smartwatch, I had to sniff their protocol out, otherwise I still wouldn't know how to upload a binary. Almost nothing of BlobDB is documented there.

The best source for documentation at this point is pebbled, and the fact that Ubuntu guys decided to rip it off entirely and even Pebble employees themselves are using parts of it now should be kind of proof...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post: