Thread: Intex Aqua Ace
View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Really? Everywhere I look, I see screens of up to 4.5" max. Only about 30% of phone users around me have bigger screens and of those who do, 50% say they would have preferred smaller but did not get the choice.

In other words, only about 15% of the population wants huge screens. There is a LOT of market for smaller sizes. The way I see it, the manufacturers force the bigger sizes on us for the same reason applications and OSes eat more and more resources: laziness to optimize.
sure you do. usually it is zero margin hardware given out on contract.
being able to do this rather depends on high-margin hardware sold a premium and generating a real profit for the company.
higher margins chase public trends, and public trend appears to value ever larger high-res screens.

i even have friends who are willing to explicitly sacrifice the convenience of one handed use for a better reading experience. i do demand one handed usage from a phone. which for me tops out at a slim-bezel 5.2" with a thin gel case.

again, only global brands are able to sustain mini lines that are more than landfill android. such as sony's compact range.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post: