View Single Post
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Oh. Seems a lot's happened while I was not around here. lAnd why isn't a real dalvik vm sufficient?

And what is the portability to N9/N900 (don't care about the performance-usability factor here right now)
Some dependencies on newer EGL api or whatever?
sailfishos uses android gpu blobs via libhybris. sfdroid uses the android gpu blobs directly, same blobs one kernel module, works fine. (if we ignore all the other parts which would require interventions - which we mostly haven't done, audio for example would require some sort of replacement audioflinger which talks to pulseaudio or what not)

on n900 i guess you could try using the android gpu blobs at the same time as maemo uses the it's own gpu blobs. but the chance that this works is slim to non-existant since the different blobs probably require different kernel module versions like on the n9.

i have tried making this work on the n9 but there were many issues. i was close to getting gralloc to initialize, but thats about it.

EDIT: a real dalvik vm in apkenv opens many possibilities: one could write custom jar files which provide fake android services which talk to sailfishos via jni. this probably can be done but there are huge amounts of work involved. the dalvikvm alone doesn't help too much, since you're still missing the android classes and services which the individual apps depend on.

Last edited by liar; 2016-05-20 at 05:27.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post: