View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
My academic background (or present in fact) pushes me to have my claims as cited as possible and you cannot do that in few sentences.
Tell me about it! I myself am trying to write a thesis which has to be finished in a couple weeks. Personally, I try to avoid writing forum posts like a paper but I respect your approach.

I thought I answered this in my reply quite well. Warranty isn't something that falls out of the sky - Jolla is not a HW company anymore, so they can't provide it. Intex doesn't have the infrastructure yet so they decided not to.
Rereading it now, you did indeed answer it quite well. It wasn't entirely clear to me first, I confess to knowing very little about Intex other than seeing it mentioned a few times here on TMO. I wrongly assumed that Jolla might be able to provide a warranty through Intex. It's a shame that this isn't the case.

However, when you are criticizing that it is a developer programme, but it is open to everyone, how would you choose just the "real" developers?
It's good question. Other companies have offered devices to developers before, arguably they didn't choose them very well. I am a little surprised that they are including Alien Dalvik with this device as without it they probably would have attracted less fanboys, thus it might have ended up in the hands of more developers. Not to mention that it's likely that they had to pay a licence fee to Myriad which probably increased the programme fee.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer