Thread: Jolla C
View Single Post
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
I still believe Jolla is doing strange things and they should stop doing so if they want to sell a lot more than 1000 devices. And itīs a bloody shame they donīt get their act together because i really like having an option besides iOS and Android.
Sigh... Why would they want to sell more than 1000 devices they make no profit on?

Jolla quit the HW business one year ago, so face it - they have little interest in selling more. In this case, they do what people asked them to do and act as a limited shipping service for the Intex phone.

I don't understand this discussion - why do people have a problem with them doing that? If you don't like it, don't participate in the program - it's as simple as that.

I know for sure that the phone wouldn't have cost 169EUR if there was warranty included. I am investing in this device/program to be able to develop some *free* apps, as my Jolla broke a week ago. I just rerouted the money I got from the tablet (which was a IndieGogo donation that for whatever reason got refunded), so I again expect nothing for that money. If something goes wrong, so be it. If nothing goes wrong, I will be able to use and develop on a device that I would not have a chance to obtain otherwise.

So what is your problem, people?

Keep pushing, try to find legal caviats, push for providing a warranty... What is going to be the result? We're not going to get the device. Is that the end of the world? No. But it is unnecessary.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-05-31 at 10:28.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post: