View Single Post
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
This is all doable on stock android (let alone OEM skins like Samsung's Touchwiz and their split screen multitasking). I play videos (including ones from YouTube) through VLC in the background while I'm doing any number of tasks.

Again, it depends on what the user is looking for. My multitasking experience is no more hindered on Android than it was on Harmattan.
Thats nice. If you can play video in the background and edit a word file, that is good enough multitasking for me. But may i know which phone you have. I am pretty sure samsungs (the ones without the ability for splitscreen) cannot do that.

Let me tell you a typical mutltiasking scenario where i have seen most android fail. You try an load a website. Here in india we are still with 2g/3g. So an average website in desktop mode takes around 5 seconds to load. With E71,E72,E7,n900,n9 or BB10 i always try to open some other app in the mean time. (May be check messages in whatsapp or read the rest of the pdf which i had open) and then come back to the browser to see if the web page has loaded. All the android phones i have used till now reloads or wouldnt have finished downloading when i come back after say about 20 secs. That said my android exposure is limited to my cousin's moto x(2 GB ram), my sisters moto g (2 GB) and my parents samsungs with 1-2gb ram. Can the present androids do that?

Last edited by padmaraj.ravi; 2016-06-25 at 14:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post: