View Single Post
I apologize for the double post, but I believe this deserves another post.

I just massively updated the CM12.1 SFOS piratepad. There's now a section on changing the pixel_ratio (with mer-tools addition), along with a section on OTA updating. I've also edited some of the command formatting to make it easier to copy/paste multiple lines.

Also, big thanks to sledges, mal-, and kimmoli (in no particular order).

A few notes before you proceed (duplicating warnings from piratepad for good reason):
  • Nobody other than me has done this yet! Only OTA if you're comfortable potentially breaking your system. If you're comfortable with ssh over usb or wifi, you will probably be able to recover however.
  • The second update method is a bit more advanced, and hasn't been well tested. I also don't recommend trying it for updates to SFOS versions (for instance 2.0.0.10 => 2.0.1.11). There have been device updates since the last uploaded 2.0.1.11 release however, and it could end up being a lighter update route for more advanced users.

Device support updates to note:
  • We're running on new ofono (radio support) packages, and have updated our device repos accordingly.
  • Kernel changes from the test kernel posted earlier have been implemented.
  • The device hostname has been changed from "localhost" to "Nexus5"
  • We're now using audioflingerglue, which has (strangely) increased some volume output.

There will be a new release (cm121-beta0) uploaded shortly for those wishing to fresh flash, as well as an updated sensorsfix zip (can be flashed over existing installs with prior zip).

This cm12.1 project will be maintained in parallel with cm11 until cm12.1 sfdroid support is in a good spot. This is the reasoning behind having the packages on my home mer obs project. Additionally, the only way to update from cm11 => cm12.1 based SFOS is with a new install. There's no way around it, no matter device.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-06-28 at 06:50.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post: