Thread: N9 Successor
View Single Post
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The same boring rectangular slab with a glass front as everything else. Their definition of "much bigger change" must be very different from mine. (Or they are comparing it to something other than every other phone currently out there.)
"much bigger change" than what happened during the Sony Z series and when they introduced the X series just recently to a resounding "meh". Sony has kept to their "omni-balance" design for the best part of 5 years I think and were getting criticism for it stagnating.

This seems to be an aluminium oblong "tube" extrusion with end caps and a screen with curved edges. It's being compared to the N9 and Lumia design on the Sony blogs and there's certainly a touch of that. I do wish they'd reduce the top and bottom bezels a bit though.

It's a candidate for my next phone certainly as I like my Sony phones (since the UIQ days even) although I'll hang out for a compact version. Currently I've got a perfectly functional Z1 compact and I was pondering a Z5 compact instead of the newer X series until this came along.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post: