View Single Post
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
You could also install the Garnet VM and continue to use your current Palm password management solutions. Sure, not as swanky as a full-blown maemo app, or port from x86 Linux/Unix, but it would save you the trouble of data conversion (which would likely be quite manual), and leverage all of your existing software investment.
Yes, I was considering going that route, but after reading a lot of posts in the Garnet forum about future Garnet support, expiring betas, etc, I'm nervous. I've played with the Garnet app and I'm successfully running a few programs there. However I still can not get the DateBook to sync (all other PIM apps sync fine) and based on info from the Garnet forum it's due to me running newer version of the Palm desktop. I can't find any posts there from users that have 100% successful syncs which version of Palm desktop they are using. That and I can crash the VM loosing all data entered since the last time I exited the VM (seems to save on exit). Nonetheless, I'll still need to run the Garnet VM for a few apps (teal auto for example).

Hmm, longer rant than I expected, maybe I need to post some questions in the Garnet forum too.

Shall I assume that using cygwin rsync on my WinXP box is the best way to keep password app DB, docs, etc... "hotsynced" (synchronized) between my N810 and my PC?