View Single Post
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It sounds to me like the charging part is fine. Whether the battery will hold the charge is another question but at least the charging behaviour is as expected. The problem is turning the device on. Let's start with the obvious. You need a long press on the power button to turn it on. I am sure that's what you did but you did not say so. If that still does nothing, then the problem may be in the button. But all is not lost yet. You can make it start using the flasher. IIRC, the magic incantation is flasher -r.
Yeah, I certainly did push the power button for a long while. No joy. The odd thing is that *both* of my N900s are doing the same thing, and they both were operational a few months ago. I normally keep the spare powered-down, but i have been booting it every few months to sync it with my active N900. If it's an N900 problem, then they have both failed in the same way at nearly the same time, which seems unlikely. Both devices feel like they have intact USB ports, but I don't know if that means anything. It seems more likely to me that all of my batteries have gone bad rather than two N900s dying in the same way at nearly the same time. But perhaps I'm too optimistic.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post: