Thread: Help nieldk
View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
@Niel If it works the way I described, I wouldn't see that as a donation, but payment for a job done. The other things are things you develop on your own and the community decides, if these things are important enough, to consider a donation.
This!
It would be great to find an honorable way to combine donation and "feature bounty" imho.
I would donate 10€ only for sysbench compiled for x86 tablet.

Rather tiresome to do this with current tmo forum means.
Also most devs do not like donations because they feel some pressure attached?
Hmmm, i as a user am mostly too shy to bother them with my puny requests and cause unpaid "work"... The snake of "no progress" bites its tail.

Maybe we need a "together.maemo.org" with clear rules and rough algorithm:
You add your feature/app request and donation amount as new "thread". Others can join your cause with extra money.
Devs look around and maybe start to solve some of the requests.
They can lock requests to them for a week or negotiated timeframe so no unnecesary competition arises while they are coding.

Donation is sent to a dev claiming to have solved a request after a voting among thread/request participants for payment or an aditional week of locking the request to one dev.

They could also play the other way around and ask for "funding" of an idea.

Edit, late donation sent, sorry to hear nieldk. Breaks my heart that a diligent guy like you can get into money troubles. This world really sucks sometimes...

Last edited by mosen; 2016-08-26 at 00:28.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: