Thread: Jolla C
View Single Post
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
I have an issue with Jolla C since yesterday:
- mobile data is always grey out
- if I put the sim in Jolla 1, it works
- if i switch from sim1 to sim2 in Jolla c, still does not work
- if i turn down the phone and remove the battery for a while (I believe there is a sort of memory attached to the sim), still grey out

I am running out of options. I am using Jolla C as main phone for couple of days and it originally worked flawlessly but now, no mobile data

Any pointers to help ?
I think I can help.

This thing occured to me on two types of events:
  • Randomly, mostly on 4G, following this bug (this had happened to me both on Jolla C and Jolla 1 in the past and it happens every few days now).
  • After sharing internet with the WiFi Hotspot (just last week on Jolla C, since I no longer have Jolla 1).

If it is the first type, then:
  1. Vote on the bug on TJC.
  2. Try switching the preferred connection to "Prefer 3G" or even 2G. This sometimes helps.
  3. If that doesn't help, you are likely out of luck, because the way this bug works, you cannot just fix it... It starts working again once it decides so
  4. Hope that Jolla fixes it soon.

If it is the second type, then it was (in my case) caused by this:
  1. I turned on WiFi Hotspot.
  2. I turned off mobile internet (could be also killed by lack of signal in some situations).
  3. I turned off WiFi Hotspot.

Then the mobile connection was greyed out and there was no way I could make it work (switching SIM cards didn't work, restarting didn't work, nothing did). So what I finally did was this:
  1. I turned on WiFi (important, it doesn't work without this step).
  2. I turned on WiFi Hotspot.
  3. The connection was established.
  4. I turned off WiFi Hotspot.

This finally fixed it for me... I should probably make a bug report, since it should be reproducible.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-09-10 at 07:36.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post: