View Single Post
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
lol sometimes I wish i had never looked at this thread cos getting Arch Linux arm to work has taken up my free time for the last month!! i could never get any of the new kernels to work (phone would go off (watchdog prob i figured but i couldnt get it working so had to flash RnD mode) ,using the latest rootfs with skry old kernel could boot but nothing working and lots of errors after update. so i realised i need to do another batch of reading and reading and reading online. i must say my basic understanding of Linux has improved so much and i started liking Arch Linux.

I liked it so much that i changed all my laptops from Fedora to Arch Linux. now i knew how to get things working! so i came back to my N900. compiled kernel with DTBS, added modules (which i failed to do previously), got the latest ARM7h rootfs, chroot into the system (had to read a LOT about that especially on PC to ARCM architecture), updated pacman, changed the keymap (nokian900-keymap), got a better font for my eyes (ter120n) ,installed iw,wpa_supplicant (wifi-menu doesnt work) . you also have to downgrade systemd from 231 (this version doesnt work properly (had to read about that too) and the system boots nicely.

ive installed xorg xinit and enlightenment. i now need to work on the keymap ( its described in the thread) and see what works and doesnt. feel really good about myself that i was able to sort all this out. remember i didnt know much about Linux n im not a programmer either

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post: