View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
(Wish Scout Server had US units in addition to Metric and Imperial, but what's a fractional mm in a mile between friends, I guess. I'm not surveying, here.)
Since mile is the same for imperial and US units, only imperial (traditional) is named. You could read it as US, if you wish. Or submit a translation for the server with only Imperial translated into US

The server uses these units only in its own interface. This is needed to adjust the routing speeds and few other distance-related parameters.

When interfacing with the clients (modRana and Poor Maps), SI units are always used. Its a client that is showing you it in SI, US, or Imperial units. So, I presume that its modRana which would have to convert it...

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Also in the future there might be an online repository (or even a network of repositories) for the OSM Scout Server data - kinda similar to the existing one for the Mona offline routing data. That should make using OSM Scout Server as data provider for modRana (and Poor Maps & others) much easier.
Yes, this I hope will get resolved. I am working on improving the server search and the solution that I work on would require some hard-to-generate databases which would be better to distribute via specialized servers. But I will write about it a bit more when ready.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: