View Single Post
Originally Posted by moodroid View Post
I've tried it in the foreground (without the --start), and when the problem occurs, it seems that the process doesn't abort, but just hangs?
This happens to me to, but have to find why yet. Do you know if it was always like this or started after 2.0.1.11 update?

Originally Posted by ThePhxRises View Post
Do you guys think this would work for us? I'm fairly sure the Droid 4 would explode under all that stress, but who knows?
It can, but it turned out a bit more tinkering is required. On our device, hwcomposer lib can be loaded only once, and it's already used by SFOS. AD doesn't use hwcomposer API directly, but it's still loaded to find proper graphics format by SurfaceFlinger, so OpenGL ES context selection fails and it won't start.

I tried to disassemble and patch libsurfaceflinger to select proper EGL context. It still didn't start, but after replacing OpenGL ES libs with the ones built from CyanogenMod 11 tree, it seems to be able to start apps like Telegram/Discord. Camera doesn't work though, and would probably require using shim library for missing symbols in libc.so.

Here are the changed files if anyone wants to try.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post: