View Single Post
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
It was my assumption quoting the bloq post

But your are right, no one says that 50% of the complete refund - it should be about 100 bucks - will be balanced or that this will happen at all. Jolla just asks for our opinion on that.
Since I was involved in the proposal I can tell you that I never believed that selling price for the image should correspond to the 2nd part of the refund because:

1. We are not legally entitled to any refund so the refund is a nice gesture from Jolla (I know I will be killed for that remark)

2. Getting an SFOS Image would please me more than a refund and would cost way less for Jolla - and I am really interested in promoting SFOS and that means that we need attractive HW to introduce our friends into SFOS (and off course, SFOS still Needs a lot polishing like all the stuff said before, paid apps, good calendar and other PIM stuff, a faster browser ... you name it. And I wish they would support F5122 (Xperia X dual SIM))

3. Selling the image to those interested in SFOS really makes sense because Jolla needs revenues. And off course, providing an image for sale requires that merely everybody can install the image without major skills on his or her own.

From my perspective, Jolla is taking the right turn. Hopefully it will be a road – sorry, a course (I recall we are sailing) – to success.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post: