View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Thanks, it is just my ignorance. The Chinese was for the production, i guess.
Will correct my previous post.
Also, myriads core business is automotive and embedded devices.
So from market pov, alien dalvik for mobile phones is only a side project for them since many years. Explaining maybe why they are not so keen to "upgrade" to newer engine than kitkat unless paid for by a demanding customer?
Making the importance of supporting Anbox within this community even more important btw.

On Topic sony and bootloader.
They kind of invite you to unlock to participate in "sony open device program" because "Openness is important to Sony" but do not make an exception of any kind when it comes to warranty. the website explicitly states:
Voiding the warranty
If you unlock the boot loader, you may void the warranty of your device and/or any warranty from your operator. See your device’s warranty statement for details. Additionally, due to the modified device software, Sony’s repair network will likely have to replace key components before it can properly test, repair and verify your device using our repair tools and software. Consequently, if Sony performs a warranty repair, Sony will likely charge you a significant service fee for the additional costs caused by your modification of the software.
worstcase: At least the Xperia X is a common model and can be repaired in independent shops which is a step forward from Jollas own hardware.
bestcase: Special sony/jolla agreement that flashing tested sfos image somehow is covered by special warranty agreement, maybe if done with jollas rumored own user friendly flashtool?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: