View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Yes revive N950/Lauta is my plan this year.

The cost of making a decent keyboard phone is so high and I'm doing it step by step:

- Sliding part is the most difficult and expensive part of the hardware. A good moulding costs very very high. But I can re-use the Moto Mods sliding part and make minor modification to the toolings I can greatly reduce the cost.

- Hopefully with this tablet's collaboration with Jolla I will have a better understanding regarding time and cost for OS adaptation.

- The next most difficult bit is Qualcomm SoC solution, they are soooo expensive. I'm looking for a more cost-effective solution to that at the moment. I'm not targeting at MSM8997 or those flagship chipsets - they add unnecessary cost to the customer and it's a waste of CPU power. I'm looking more towards mid-tier like 625/626 which gives a better balance between power consumption and performance. But even though it's still very expensive to get a decent solution.

Once the Keyboard Mod starts shipping and the tablet starts manufacturing I will look more into the cost, it's still very challenge but I'm confident. My aim is to have a 64GB+4GB Qualcomm 625 solution QWERTY slider with a removable battery, we will see how it goes in a few weeks.
Who sent you on Earth? Do you come from a civilization in a distant solar system to save primitive humans from their dark fate, or have you been sent by the gods to show the path of redemption to us, mere mortals? In eons, the children of men will remember three people whose action have impacted the universe: Stephen Elop, Elon Musk, and Chenliangchen.

If you manage to revive the Lauta concept, you can sign me in for two devices already.

Do you plan on having some kind of official Jolla partnership (and therefore Alien Dalvik), or would it be a community-ported device?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: