View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Glad to read explicitly in the first post that Sailfish is the first priority, not an extra. Not sure if you meant official Sailifsh with AD or a port, but it's already sending good waves. Glad to see this mockup as well! Looks very familiar, it seems that the reference to the Lauta was not chosen ramdomly.

I will trust whatever you guys think is best, you have the experience, but please don't try to mimic full size keyboards just for the sake of mimicking them without making sure it wouldn't hurt thumb-typing experience.
Sailfish is the Official Sailfish with AD, Exchange and Predictive Text

I hate Android but I must admit AD makes Sailfish an awesome OS as I have to use WeChat and Whatsapp, And don't have to follow Android's stupid UI design*

I will wait to see how Jolla implements on selling Xperia X's SFOS because as this device is fully open, I want to prevent Android version users (who haven't paid for SFOS) to install unauthorised commercial parts of SFOS.

So a separate image from Jolla would be great for devices pre-load with Android. We will see how it goes.

And I didn't mention this device's UI is supposed to be in landscape most time. Like N900. Android's landscape support is awful. But with Sailfish OS we can adjust from the tablet UI to make home screen landscape friendly. (Or improvement from the landscape patch) IMO SFOS is far superior than Android in terms of landscape UI support. (Shame on Google!)

*On my 5.5 inch Moto Z play, take off the space navigation bar and status bar occupies, the "real content" shows in Android apps is the same as the 5.0 inch Jolla C, when the back key is hidden...

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: